Now then I’m gonna get straight into this cruise post….being a teenager I know things can get (how can I put this) “tense” on a family holiday. We have all experienced it! Of course there is the fun and laughter but somehow spending lots of time together can also lead to irritation at best and full blown arguments at worst.
If you have teenagers in your family and you want to make sure that you ALL have a good time on holiday I have a got a good idea….go on a CRUISE! Cruise ships these days are just as good as the best theme park that you have ever been to on land…and they sail to amazing places all around the world.
I guarantee that parents will NOT hear these 7 common holiday whinges from their kids on a cruise holiday:
1. “I’M BORED” There is no way teens like me can be bored on a cruise ship. There is just so much to do. From thrilling waterparks to 4D cinemas there is loads to do day and night. How about sky-diving at sea, surfing simulators or even trying out some of the highest watersides in the world!
2. “I’M HUNGRY” If you hear this from your offspring, send them to the buffet…easy! There is food 24/7 on most cruise ships so if they want pizza at midnight, no problem. Plus…your teens can eat their usuals such as Hot Dogs, Burgers and Pizzas. Meaning even the fussiest of teens aren’t a problem!
3. “I’M THIRSTY” See number 2 – same rule applies
4. “CAN I HAVE SOME MONEY?” To be honest I can’t guarantee that you won’t hear this at all, but at least it should be less frequent than on any other holiday. On most cruise ships lots of stuff is included in the price from mini golf to ice cream so you don’t have to keep putting your hand in your wallet or purse to buy those extras that all add up. For example on a typical day on a ship you can go to the buffet, excercise in the gym, ride the waterslides, relax in the Jacuzzi and even Skydrive at Sea without it costing any more than what you paid to get on the ship.
5. “MY LITTLE SISTER IS ANNOYING ME” or big sister in my case! The family cruise ships have kids clubs where you can hang out with people your own age so you can escape your irritating little sister (or big!) and meet some cool people. The clubs usually cater for different age groups so tiny kids play together whilst teens like me get to go on games, rides and learn cool stuff like how to be a DJ or do circus skills.
6. “CAN YOU GIVE ME A LIFT TO…” Dads and mums taxis are off duty. Everything that you need is all within walking distance on the ship. This means that you don’t have to worry about us being attacked, having an accident or getting into trouble (well not too much anyway). Cruise ships are a safe way of holidaying. Us kids can wander off and do our own thing and our folks don’t have to fret that we are in any danger.
7.“CAN WE GO HOME NOW?” I have never said this and I doubt anyone my age has said it on a cruise. For me it’s never long enough when I am on a ship and I literally hate walking down the gangplank….unless it is to go on an excursion.
Go on a cruise holiday and not only will you not hear these things, you probably won’t hear much from the kids at all as they will be off having a great time…which means that you can relax and have a great holiday too!
And just to end on a high note…tomorrow a brand new TV Channel will be launched on Sky 261 (at 7:00am) all about cruising! But that’s not all…I am on it! If you tune in at 11:00am you will find a special interview with myself and Julie Peasgood!
See you next time!